Thursday, January 6, 2011

About Me

TESTING... Temporary Post...


I'm a SAHM to my daughter, Ava. Before becoming a mommy I taught 2nd grade and loved every second of it! I miss teaching so much, but love staying home with Ava. I was born and raised in Beavercreek, Ohio went to Miami of Ohio for undergrad then Antioch for grad school and moved down to North Carolina in 2006. I miss all my family up north, but love living in the south! Especially the weather :-) 
I’ll talk your ear off if you let me. I laugh- a lot! I’ll be the first to laugh at myself and the last one still laughing. I am easy to please and more easily entertained. I'm laidback and always up for anything! I love to have fun :) I love to take pictures and add them to my photo albums, scrapbooks and Ava's memory books. I love candles, clothes, lotions.... any bath & body/beauty products! I like to think I am eccentric and sporadic and sometimes intriguing, but more often than not, I am just random and weird. I am a people pleaser who would prefer for you to be happy over me, because I know I’m always alright. I love to get dressed up, but adore my sweatpants. I like to travel to new places and meet new people. I am a republican, with an open mind. I’m the nicest person you know, until I feel betrtayed or disrespected then “Hell has no fury like a woman scorned.” But I’m the first to admit I’m wrong and quick to apologize- sincerely. I work hard, and play harder. I love to text. I love music, especially when the lyrics have meaning.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie, I live in Tipp City and go to school at Antioch. I am not from here though, I am from the other side of Ohio in a small town called Coshocton. My family and I have been living in the Dayton area since 2006. I just thought its a small world. Welcome to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Beth!

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hello :-) I can't WAIT to start blogging regularly... SO many ideas & fun stuff to write about!

    I'm actually from Beavercreek and went to Antioch McGregor for Grad School---Early Childhood Ed. So, yes, a VERY small world! I'll be sure to check out your blog and hope you stop back by once I have some "real" posts up :-)

    - Stephanie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I stumbled across your blog, not even sure how but I'm so glad I did. Not only is it beautiful, but I'm loving that you're a former 2nd grade teacher turned SAHM...me too! My daughter is 18 months and though it's the best job in the world, it's also the hardest!

    Looking forward to reading.

    (Since you're new, did you know that you can set your blogger comment setting to email you when you get a new comment? It makes responding that much easier and you won't have to comment on your own blog unless you'd like! Sorry if you already knew...I didn't know for a long time until someone shared!)

    Take care,
    Shannon

    Webbisodes
    http://ourgatorzone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Shannon---Hello! I'm glad you stumbled upon my blog :-) I too am loving that you're a former 2nd grade teacher turned SAHM!!! I could chat (love to chat, lol!) for hours about those two fabulous jobs ;-)

    Definitely check back... I have so many fabulous ideas, but just need to sit down and write! I'm excited to visit your blog.

    Also, thank you for that tip. Using blogger is going to be the hardest part. I can write and chat all day long, but getting to know html and all the blogging & blogger features is the challenge!
    - I thought I set it up to email me when I get a comment, but apparently I did something wrong b/c I never got an email, haha!
    - When you said that I won't need to comment on my own blog... Should I not be doing that? I definitely want and like to respond to my readers, but am not sure if their are "better" ways. Suggestions??? :-) :-) :-)

    Cheers! Stephanie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design © 2011 The Design Girl.